Costa Rica is a beautiful Central American country known for its rich agricultural land, beautiful beaches and lush tropical rain forests. SI's ministry in Costa Rica is located in the southern part of the capital city, San Jose, in several communities in and around Desamparados. Literally translated, "desamparados" means "the forgotten ones", and that is how the communities are seen by most. But they are not forgotten; they are loved by Jesus! SI's staff are serving in various ministry sites to share the hope and love of Jesus with as many people as they can! Students International's ministry in Costa Rica began in 2008, and has continued to reach the people of the community as they start new ministry sites and find tangible ways to meet needs.
- Boys & Girls Club — La Casa Verde
- Creative Arts Workshop — Los Guido
- Education — Tutoring Center
- Sports — Sports and Recreation
Sports — Women's Health & Fitness
- Site Leader: Jessica Rybaczyk
- Women's Social Work — Microfinance