Accounting Manager – Job Description
Our Accounting Manager will be responsible for the financial oversight of our stateside and international ministry locations. This position will summarize the organization’s current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports. This position will substantiate financial transactions by ensuring all supporting documents exist for all accounting transactions and maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures and ensuring monthly reconciliations. The position is full-time at our International Service Center in Visalia, CA.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce consolidated financial reports/statements (includes different currency conversion).
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Maintaining an adequate system of account records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
- Financial Reporting to the board — quarterly and yearly analysis, which includes the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts each month (cash accounts, donor fund, restricted donor funds, prepaids, fixed assets, payables, etc.)
- Prepare other requested financial reports for board meetings.
- Preparing budget to actual reports and explanation for variances
- Work with outside auditors on yearly audit by preparing required audit documents and providing requested audit items.
- Manage all accounts payable and receivables
- Execute bi-weekly payroll and recording payroll expenditures into account system. Recording all related payroll liabilities and ensuring payroll taxes are paid timely.
- Answer phones, interact with field accounting staff to answer accounting questions, and help with in-office tasks as requested.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting experience required. Fund accounting, donor-restricted accounting, and project accounting preferred.
- Fluency in accounting software (Aplos preferred)
- Experience in Excel and other Microsoft platforms required.
- Non-profit experience preferred
- HR experience welcome
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.